Translate

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Marching Band Part 3

Another figure used to animate my marching band composition is sketched from a film of a Mardi Gras parade in New Orleans.


His gesture is perfect for my purpose, but he has to face in the direction the whole spectacle is headed.  For the sake of a reasonably convincingly drawn young man, I worked from a live model.




Now almost everyone in the picture, including the dog, is part of a noisy commotion, moving across the canvas from left to right.  For contrast, I included three static figures, including a young woman taking it all in with wide open eyes.

The scale of the painting, I decided, had to be large, because it is a very busy design, and I'm looking for LOUD.  It is six feet four inches wide.



It took a long time to create, and the original costs about as much as a new car.  But in case somebody wants one, I can deliver a full size exact replica (giclee) on canvas for a fraction of the cost of the original.  See the post "Flatfoot Floogie" from Nov. 13, 2010. http://williambuffett.blogspot.com/2010/11/flat-foot-floogie.html

http://buffettstudio.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment